- Visiting a bustling morning market for a taste of local life
- Exploring a stunning Sino-colonial mansion for a look at how wealthy merchants lived
- Wandering the charming colonial-era streets of Old Phuket for a look at the architecture there
- Seeing a hidden temple next to Phuket's oldest hotel and dining in a historic house
With a fascinating blend of Chinese and Portuguese influence, Phuket is a mesmerising mix of culture and stories – but its most inspiring element of cultural influence is in its stunning Sino-Portuguese architecture. Today, set off on a leisurely walking journey to discover some of the city’s best colonial architecture – with a few classic Thai experiences along the way!
Start your walking journey with a visit to a local market in the morning – in the early hours of the day, markets like these are bustling with locals bargaining for the day’s cooking ingredients! Explore the stalls here and keep an eye out for the colourful blooms sold at the flower market. Continue by foot toward Kajorn Rangsan Temple and arrive at nearby Chin Pracha Mansion just next door. This stunning example of Sino-Colonial architecture is a fascinating sneak peek at how a wealthy Phuket family once lived decades ago.
After exploring the interior of Chin Pracha House, follow your guide by foot to Thai Hua Museum for an in-depth look at how Chinese immigrants settled in Thailand. Just a stone’s throw from Thalang Road, this museum is the perfect jumping-off point for a stroll down this avenue lined with stunning Sino-Portuguese architecture and charming street-level shops. Stop by a local shop here for a snack and a refreshing drink, and snap a few pictures at the vividly colourful Soi Rommanee. A few minutes further on, explore the interior of the old post office for a look into the area’s colonial past.
Wrap up your journey on Phang Nga Road, with a stroll past Phuket’s oldest hotel and a visit to a hidden Chinese temple. Your lunch in the afternoon takes you to a stunning historic house for a traditional Thai lunch surrounded by history.JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTSTOUR INCLUSIONS
- Tours as mentioned and air-conditioned transfers
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times
- Meals listed in the itinerary
- Expert English-speaking local guide
- Service charges and government VAT tax